Ann Scheid conducts a series of free tours of the Pasadena Civic Center. The tours will last about 90 minutes. Tours will be held regularly on Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., every other week.
Ann Scheid is a historian and scholar with special interests in architectural history, planning history and the history of landscape architecture. The author of several books and articles on Pasadena and Southern California history, including the history of Pasadena’s renowned Civic Center. She is currently Curator for the Greene & Greene Archives, The Gamble House Conservancy, at the Huntington Library. Ann has worked for the City of Pasadena as a planner specializing in historic preservation and design review and for the State of California as an environmental planner. She has also been involved in the community, serving on City commissions and the boards of the Pasadena Historical Society; the Society of Architectural Historians, Southern California Chapter; American City and Regional Planning History; and the California Garden and Landscape History Society. She is a frequent lecturer and tour guide in Pasadena and Southern California.
Join us on a tour of the Civic Center, scroll down to RSVP:
In response to the novel corona virus (COVID-19), and in accordance with the most recent Pasadena public health orders, we have temporarily suspended conducting tours at this time. When we can resume, we hope you will join us on tours, as we demonstrate, speak at City Council and commission meetings, and network to get the word out.
Past Events are Listed on the Calendar Below.
- Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 10 a.m. Meeting place: in front of City Hall
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 10 a.m. Meeting place: in front of City Hall
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 10 a.m. Meeting place: in front of City Hall
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 at 10 a.m. Meeting place: in front of City Hall (CANCELLED)
- Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 10 a.m. Meeting place: in front of City Hall (CANCELLED)
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 10 a.m. Meeting place: in front of City Hall (CANCELLED)